Looking for cheap and easy dinner recipes for families on a budget or cheap meals for a week for a family. Maybe you are having a party and you want cheap meals to feed a crowd. Then check out these budget-friendly easy dinner recipes for the family.
When money is tight, one thing we can all consider is cutting back on our food bill. We all go through tough and hard time sometimes but cutting down on the food bill shouldn’t mean that we cant feed our family a good nutritious meal. Here are a few tips to help with feeding families on a budget.
- Make a weekly meal plan and check ingredients you already have and then make a shopping list before you go, check your kitchen cupboards before you write an item on the list, sometimes we assume we are out of stock of a particular ingredient, then we find it hidden at the back of the cupboard.
- Go through and clean out your pantry, food larders and fridge/freezers regularly so you can use food items that have less before dates earlier. This saves on food wastage too.
- Buy in bulk if you can, then if its fruit and vegetables, wash, cut and freeze them. If you don’t mind and rather would buy frozen rather than fresh, then that will save you more money, especially fruit and vegetables. You can also buy food items in bulk like bread especially if they have an offer on them and freeze them, then take it out of the freezer as you need it. But of course, how much you can freeze depends on your freezer space. Also before freezing check on labels for how long you can freeze an item.
- Cut out pre-packaged and ready meals not only are they expensive but a lot of them have hidden fats and sugars in them.
- Try supermarkets own branded products rather than branded, you might be quite surprised at the taste, as a lot of own brands is very good quality.
- Make extra Dinner so it can be eaten as lunch the next day.
- Narrow your meal ideas to about 20 to 30 options, this will not only help with meal planning but also your budget.
In this post, we have gathered the best dinner recipes that are cheap and easy to make. One of the easiest ways to save money is to eat at home and keep things simple. To get the recipe of each dish, follow the link below each picture, make sure to check all the recipes, the best ones are at the end.
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
A grilled sandwich is always a family favourite, not only is it cheap but also nutritious. You can also experiment with different fillings, like these from sarahblooms.com For a complete meal have it with some soup, to keep the costs low make it a lentil or veggie soup.